Sunday, October 12, 2014

The Revived Highchair


This vintage high chair was probably quite lovely in the 1980's, but it's in the 21st century now and this style is just a No-No. Although, I saw her potential so I took her home!


   My husband and I enjoy going to auctions to buy vintage furniture. Well, he goes for the guns lol, but he loves to bid on the furniture that I want. We always have a great time (haha, we are so old but it's so fun to us).

   I saw this gal at the auction we were attending and I just knew she could look great! So, we got her and I fixed her up!

  On this high chair I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. The color is Paris Grey. I am a huge fan of Annie's paint! It's AMAZING. It can be a bit pricey, but the paint goes a long way. I used just about an inch of this pint.

REALLY. IT TAKES 1 COAT!





  This high chair needed to be loved! Doesn't it look great? I love the whole farmhouse style that she has. I thought about distressing it, but I really like the crisp, clean/vintage look on this beautiful piece. 



   When the paint was dry, I took the Annie Sloan Clear Wax and applied it to the entire high chair. (This process is very crucial because it helps protect the paint from chipping. I applied it with a lint free cloth.)



   Notice the difference after applying the clear wax. It darkens the paint a little bit and gives it a nice shine. 



   Well folks, that is my revived high chair. I was very tempted to keep it but... I have no child so I had to sell her! I'm happy that I brought her back to life and for her to be used again. :) 

Thanks for the read!

xoxo
Libba

No comments:

Post a Comment