Friday, October 3, 2014

My coffee table makeover

I. LOVE. TO. PAINT.

When I am painting I seriously get in my own little world. Call me crazy but it makes me feel so creative and I love how I can give something a new life by a simple coat of paint. I also love to see the transformation it brings and knowing.. Hey, I did that!


To begin, take a look at this coffee table. 

 Hi Im Plain Jain

With some serious Stains

I bought this coffee table at a thrift store for a DEAL!! Love a good thrift find with a great price:) Anyway, My husband and I were recently married at the time and we didn't have much furniture. We were in need of a table to place our drinks on while at the couch.

 So we snatched this beaut up.



Yes. I had plans to paint it. I just couldn't decide on the color, so it sat like the plain Jane it was in my living room. Don't get me wrong I like the style and the rustic look of it, but I have a brown couch and I wanted COLOR. 

One day, I was ready to paint it and I remembered I had painted my two shutters (that are in my living room) a mustard color. I thought to myself.. that color would be nice on my coffee table and it will really pull the living room together!

So, I painted this wonderful mustard color on my coffee table- or what my husband likes to call school bus yellow... but I think it looks great!



 Because my living room has a rustic feel, I wanted my table to fit in. I distressed the top and all the detailed edges, including the legs. I LOVE the "Old Look" as if it had been sitting in a barn for years...


                                       
                                             EEEKK!! I'm so happy how it turned out!





I added my lovely tray (purchased from goodwill) on top to display my knick knacks!
I love my red lantern (also a thrift find) and I have to mention that I absolutely love candles-pumpkin scent, caramel sticky buns.. anything that makes my house smell like baked goodies. :) I'm so glad it's fall :)

All right well that's project #1! There are other upcoming projects I will be sharing so come back soon!! Thanks for reading my post!! <3












No comments:

Post a Comment