Thursday, October 9, 2014

Rustic Candle Holder

 I. LOVE. PINTEREST.



The other day I was pinning away on my Pinterest and I came across a really cool, rustic wall mount. It was for sale on Etsy, but I knew I could round up the materials to make it. So I got my craft on!



Let me just say.. I didn't buy any of the materials to make it. YES!! I had just about everything on hand. :)

To start, I went snooping in my Dad's old shed (thankfully he's a hoarder). HAHA. I was on the hunt for a board and low n behold I found one. The best part is, it was rustic!
 My wonderful dad cut the board into 4's for me.



First, I sanded them to get rid of the sharp, wood particles and then wiped them down to remove the layers of dirt and dust.

-Yes my nail polish matches the sandpaper. Lol



Next, I painted them with some leftover paint used on my bedroom furniture. I applied just 1 coat for the rustic look. (I am now an Annie Sloan chalk paint lover so I normally use that, but I couldn't let this paint go to waste) ;)




Now for the mason jar- I had these beauties that came from an auction that Micha and I went to. We paid $2.50 for both cases of mason jars. (EEKKK!) It was a happy day.




After the paint was dry, I hammered a nail to the top of the board, tied twine around the lid of the mason jar, placed a candle inside and hung it up!



 I hung one candle holder on both sides of my mirror (which I painted and distressed also). I am really happy how it all pulled together! It's rustic yet perfectly elegant. 



 Thanks for reading!

- Libba




1 comment: