Friday, October 24, 2014

...From Dated To Shabby Chic

   I know I've been posting a lot of grey painted furniture lately, but it's because I have so much Annie Sloan Paris Grey Chalk Paint! I bought a quart and I've painted a high chair, 2 end tables, and a coffee table. This paint is unbelievable. I still have 1/2 of a quart left! I'm in love with this color though, it's so versatile. :) 

I may do a video tutorial on the chalk paint one day...when I'm brave enough, but, don't hold me to that. LOL



I don't have a before picture of the coffee table. Sorry, but you can kinda see it in this pic (which my dear hubby shot of me). All 3 pieces came as a set. Although, I chose to do a different look with the coffee table.

I was thrilled to take these babes home with me.
More on the other diy items later-except the gas can that is Micha's...haha.


  Now for the fun part- PAINTING!
I wanted y'all to see how beautifully the 1st coat of the chalk paint goes on. It literally STICKS!! For the 2nd coat of paint, I mixed a lil water with a lil paint and that's all it needed. I chose to paint over the hardware for a clean look.

Btw, this paint is eco-friendly. I paint inside my house! :)


After the paint was dry, (which takes a grand total of 20 minutes-YEP, 20!!) I distressed the table in areas- where over time, would age, worn from use or handling. I really like how much attention it gives to the distressed details. So Shabby Chic.



 I also distressed the hardware a little to make it look worn.


Last but not least, I applied the clear wax. She's like new again, only prettier ;)




Until next time,

Libba :)

No comments:

Post a Comment